Farewell to the summer of 2016 with my last summer drink of the year, a Sweet & Tangy Berry Margarita… Smooth & Refreshing, a Vibrant Party Cocktail…!!!
Pepper Delight has entered its 10th month of limelight, and I know that’s a long time for not having a cocktail recipe so far. I guess I was just prolonging it till I got the right ingredients and that’s when this bag of berries landed in my hands. Berries make a great combo with anything you try, and with a hint of lime you get that refreshing sweet tangy flavour. And there you go, a triple berry treat.
I still have plenty of berries left, so stay tuned for more recipes. Something special with a berries compote coming soon…!
Follow me on Instagram, try out the recipes and tag #pepperdelightblog to all your pictures of Pepper Delight recipes you prepare.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1½ cup berries (I used frozen berries, thawed; raspberries, blackberries, & blueberries)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¾ cup water
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup triple sec
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 cup ice cubes
- lime wedges (to garnish)
- coarse salt (to rim the glass)
- Puree the berries in a blender along with water, lime juice and sugar. Strain the puree to a bowl, which will give you about 2 cups of concentrated berry syrup.
- Combine triple sec, tequila, berry syrup, and ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Prepare your serving glass by running a lime wedge along its rim, and then dip the rim in coarse salt (optional).
- Pour the drink from the shaker into the glass.
- Garnish with a lime slice (optional).