Cherry Crumble made with Fresh Cherries, Oats and Almonds…!! Crunchy on the Top n Juicy on the Inside… A Delicious Fruit Dessert…!
So what’s a crumble actually? Crumbles or Crisp are cooked fruits with a topping made with flour, butter and sugar, which is basically crumbled and crunchy. The best part of a crumble is, you can customize it in a million ways:
- Use any summer fruits like Cherry, Berries, Plum, Peach, Apple or Rhubarb.
- Replace the flour with whole wheat flour, tapioca flour or almond meal.
- Vary the toppings with your choice of oats, cereal or desiccated coconut.
- Vary your nut toppings with almonds, pecans or walnuts.
Follow me on Instagram, try out the recipes and tag #pepperdelightblog to all your pictures of Pepper Delight recipes you prepare. Rate below if you love it…!
- 2 cups of fresh cherries (pitted)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened at room temp, cut into small cubes)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar (to sprinkle)
Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
Grease a baking pan with butter, keep aside.
To prepare the filling, add lemon juice, vanilla, brown sugar and corn starch into a bowl. Toss pitted cherries in it, set aside.
In another bowl mix oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Add the cubed butter pieces and mix together using your hands until the topping mixture turns into a coarse crumble form.
Pour the prepared filling into the baking pan. Spoon the topping over filling evenly. Top with sliced almonds and sprinkle granulated sugar.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until the topping turns crusty and golden brown, and the filling starts to bubble.
Remove from the oven and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream (optional).