Want to impress your Halloween guests & kids alike? Yummy on the inside and spooky outside… Chocolate covered Monster Lollipops made with Graham crackers & Cream Cheese…! BOOM!
Halloween is around the corner; Trick-or-Treating, Ghost Stories, Costume Parties, Pumpkin Recipes, and many more… a fun time for families and kids..! And when it comes to food, your options for the sweet tooth are endless… Kids love Halloween, the time of the year where they run around collecting sweets, stocking them, and bragging about their collection. They would go bonkers for lollipops, and if it’s a spooky treat? Ho Ho, You’ve just made their day…!
This is my first Halloween since I’ve started my blog and every year I have been quite intrigued with the spooky edible food decorations, in all shapes & colors throughout the stores. I love to watch all the Halloween creativity, isle after isle, and be mesmerized. So this year I made up my mind to definitely put on the Pepper Delight Witch’s hat and cook up some spooky treats. Woooooooohh……
Cake pops is something I have been eyeing on for a while. In fact my recent baking experience with cheesecake showed me how wonderfully graham crackers go with cream cheese. I had some leftovers and so it was the perfect timing to use them with something new. I was so tempted to grab all the edible spooky decorations from the store, but decided to stick myself to those cute candy eye balls and spookify them on my lollipops with little blood red gel.
This treat is an attention grabber n sooo easy to make. And the bonus:
- no cooking
- no baking required
- 4 ingredients
- Both kids and adult friendly
The only tricky part for any newcomer is the tempering of the chocolate. You may not get the glazed coating right the first time, and if you didn’t, don’t Worry..! Even I couldn’t, and actually that adds even better to the spookiness..He He..!
Happy Halloween my dear friends, Enjoy…!
Follow me on Instagram, try out the recipes and tag #pepperdelightblog to all your pictures of Pepper Delight recipes you prepare.
Prep time: 30 -45 mins
Serves: 12 lollipops
- 14 graham crackers
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels (chips)
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy eye balls
- Edible decor (red color decorating gel)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Grind graham crackers in a food processor until finely powdered.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add the cream cheese. Using a mixer or with your clean hands, blend it well until properly mixed into a dough.
- Divide the dough into ice-cream scoop size portions and roll them into equal sized small round balls.
- Place them on the baking sheet, and refrigerate for 10 mins to harder a bit.
- Take the tray out and insert the lollipop sticks half way through each ball, and place back in the refrigerator for another 15 mins to set.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a deep microwave safe bowl by microwaving at 30 second intervals and whisking alternatively until completely melted, loose and runny.
- Dip each ball in the liquid chocolate to give it an even coat. Tap the stick of the pops on the edge of the bowl to allow any excess liquid to drip off. Allow it to stand by fixing it on a lollipop stand or a Styrofoam block.
- Attach the candy eye balls to the pops and pipe some red color gel on top of it, Or use your favourite Halloween icing decorations to create your spooky lollipops.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to set completely.
- Ensure that the dough is thick enough to stay intact and not fall apart.
- Roll the dough into small balls so that it would be easy to coat with chocolate, and also will not fall apart from the sticks due to its weight.