Here is a quick and an easy recipe to prepare Chipotle style guacamole. Nothing beats the freshness of a homemade side…!
Guacamole with tortilla chips, the heart of Mexican food, whether in salads or as a side, goes well with any party and can be quickly prepared with 6 ingredients readily available in your pantry.
It was initially quite difficult for me to identify ripe avocados as I was quite new to the fruit. Some are green in color, and some black. The best ripened avocados which are perfect to eat will be between a green and darkish green color and when you touch it, it would be soft and slightly squishy. Raw avocados can be ripened easily by storing in brown paper bags for 2 – 3 days, and ripened ones in a refrigerator.
The flesh of the avocado fruit quickly browns once cut open and exposed to air. An easy way to prevent oxidizing and to keep it fresh is by smearing a little lime juice over it.
Among different types of avocados, Hass varieties are the best for preparing guacamole. Freshly made guacamole can be stored by sealing with a plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
Prep time: 5 – 8 minutes
Serves: 4 – 5 servings
- 2 Avocados
- ½ of red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ Jalapeno; finely chopped (optional)
- 2 – 4 tbsp Lime juice
- 4 tbsp Cilantro (finely chopped)
- Salt as required
- Tortilla chips
- Pit the avocados into a bowl spacious enough to mash them.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mash well with a masher or a fork.
- Jalapenos are optional but if you are adding make sure it is finely chopped.
- Tomatoes are also another optional ingredient.