Crunchy Homemade Granola… loaded with nuts and dry fruits, perfect as a breakfast or for your snack time meal…!!
Granola is the best way to turn your anytime craving into a healthy and an interesting meal, that too in no time. Another big advantage is; you can customize it easily with your favorite flavours…
I have tasted many store bought granola bars and have read about how easy it is to prepare at home, but it was during one of my recent road trips that my friend gave me her home cooked granola which tasted yummy, crunchy, and healthy; I loved it…!! That’s how I started working on this recipe, it’s very easy to prepare, an excellent source of nutrients, and the combination with oats make it a perfect crunchy snack.
I have used honey as a sweetening agent here, along with dry fruits, and pistachios / almonds as the crunchy elements, but you can substitute with any nuts of your choice. This granola can also be combined with milk for a perfect breakfast, or added as a topping to your favorite smoothies.
Check out my ‘Note’ column below for additional customization options. Let me know how your granola turns out to be.
Follow me on Instagram, try out the recipes and tag #pepperdelightblog to all your pictures of Pepper Delight recipes you prepare.
Prep time: 10 minutes; baking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almonds (chopped)
- ½ cup pistachios
- 1 cup dried raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats with cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt.
- Mix honey with coconut oil and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Stir into the oats and mix well, make sure it is evenly combined.
- Spread the layer evenly into the prepared baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir, followed by adding chopped almonds and pistachios. Bake for another 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the raisins and allow it to cool completely undisturbed.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Do not use quick cooking oats. Old fashioned rolled oats work perfectly.
- Substitute coconut oil with olive oil if you prefer.
- On a healthier note, you can add seeds like pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
- Any dry fruits can be added like dried cranberries, or apricots.
- Honey can be replaced with maple syrup.