A real delight for all the strawberry lovers out here…!!!
This easy five ingredient 30 minute strawberry mousse recipe is the best dessert to celebrate this spring with its refreshing taste.
Recently a friend of mine had asked for an easy recipe with strawberry, and at first a berry cobbler came to my mind. Since I had already posted a peach cobbler recipe here earlier, I thought of trying out something new. And today when I bought this big pack of strawberries, I decided that it’s finally time to post my first Mousse…
This mousse recipe can be made in different ways with varying ingredients like eggs, gelatin, cookie crumbles, etc. Gelatin gives stability to a dessert, but here I have kept it simple n easy without any additives and refrigerated the mousse to make it denser.
To complement the mousse you can add toppings like sliced strawberries for a fleshy texture, or for a crunchy nutty flavour add pistachios, cashews, almonds, pecans or even cookies. A drizzle of chocolate sauce would be perfect to balance the sweet-sourness of strawberries, and of course strawberries dipped in chocolate is a match made in heaven.
Make sure not to over stir after adding strawberry puree to the cream mixture.
This strawberry mousse is:
- a Spring dessert
- Served in glass
- a 30 minute recipe
- has 5 ingredients
- needs no baking
Prep time: 30 minutes, refrigerate for 1 hr.
Serves: 4-5 servings
- 2 cups strawberries
- 5-6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1½ cup heavy whipping cream
- chocolate sauce (drizzle)
- Sliced strawberries
- Puree the strawberries with 3 tbsp of sugar in a food processor.
- Beat heavy whipping cream and vanilla essence along with 2 tbsp of sugar using a stand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the pureed strawberries to this mix and beat on low speed. Do not over-mix.
- Transfer to serving glasses in equal proportions and drizzle chocolate sauce on the top.
- Decorate with sliced strawberries and pistachio.
- Refrigerate for an hour if you would like the dessert to be cold and thick.