It’s a Sandwich Day!!!
A simple veggie sandwich loaded with mushrooms, avocados, red peppers, spinach and tomatoes, in a delicious combo with a tangy goat cheese!!!
Sometimes all you need is a fresh sandwich which is light to your stomach and keeps you healthy, calm and relaxed, and unwind the rest of your day with some light music.
This sandwich combo is so yummy with the fresh avocados, and vegetables sautéed in olive oil with some crispy bread, makes it light and yummy …
Prep time : 10 minutes
Serves : 1 – 2 servings
- 2 avocados (sliced into cubes)
- 6 mushrooms (sliced)
- ½ of a red pepper (sliced)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 2 oz goat cheese (softened)
- 6 slices of multigrain bread (lightly toasted)
- butter (as required)
- salt (as required)
- pepper (as required)
- olive oil (as required)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute the sliced red peppers, tomato, spinach, and mushrooms for 2 – 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Apply butter on the bread slices and toast lightly.
- Spread the sautéed vegetables with sliced avocado on one slice and apply goat cheese on the other.
- Sandwich them and enjoy…!
Goat cheese taken out straight from your refrigerator can be hard and chunky, making it difficult to spread. You can either leave it for an hour to warm up to the room temperature and soften, or add a spoon of milk to it and mash, making it light and spreadable.