Creamy, Chocolaty, & Fruity… White Chocolate Mousse with a touch of Mango…! A Dessert Delight…!
What more can you ask for?? No baking, no eggs, minimal ingredients, easy to prepare, looks gorgeous, and tastes delicious… Woohooo!!! Yummm, I love it…
I just love desserts and experimenting with them is sooo much fun! It was my husband’s birthday two weeks ago and I was hosting a party for his friends. I had a long list of dishes to prepare including the birthday cake, appetizers, entrees, and I was on the lookout for a dessert which was simple, sweet, elegant, & delicious. Also something which I could make in advance to avoid the last minute rush. That’s when it struck me about a mousse I had made earlier and my friend’s mom suggesting me to try this mango version the next time. Thank You Beena Aunty for your idea, and that’s how I finalized on this wonderful dessert!!
A “less effort dessert” is always a life saver, especially when you are cooking for a big party. And this mousse seems to be a perfect fit! All you need is some fruit, cream and sugar; puree the fruit and fold it in the cream, your dessert in ready in minutes! I have added my own twist in this recipe with white chocolate as my hero, and layered with mango puree which compliments the chocolate flavour and gives that beautiful classy look in the glass, topped with a mint leaf.
So chill, go grab your fruit and try this out, don’t forget to comment…
Enjoy, Happy Cooking…!!!
Wanna try more mousse recipes? Check out my Strawberry Mousse recipe here.
Follow me on Instagram, try out the recipes and tag #pepperdelightblog to all your pictures of Pepper Delight recipes you prepare.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 250g (1 cup) white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1½ cup chilled heavy cream
- 3 tbsp + ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 mangoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp water
For making Mango Puree
- Peel and slice mango into cubes. In a pan, cook mangoes on low heat with lemon juice, water and ½ cup sugar. You may vary the amount of sugar added according to the sweetness of your mangoes.
- Cook until it turns mushy. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Blend in a blender until smooth. Refrigerate it while you prepare the mousse.
For making White Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl by microwaving at 30 second intervals and whisking alternatively until completely melted. Fold it in ½ cup heavy cream to prevent further thickening. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat rest of the heavy cream along with vanilla essence and 3 tbsp granulated sugar, until soft peaks form.
- Add the white chocolate mix to the whipped cream in batches and fold gently until smooth (do not beat).
- Pour the mousse into the dessert glasses equally. This recipe is enough to fill them till the half mark.
- Chill for about 4 hours/overnight to set.
- Serve by layering mango puree over white chocolate mousse, you can either pour with a spoon or pipe it neatly. Top with mint leaves.