Rice noodles with crispy chicken, broccoli, carrots and onions in a saucy soya sauce – Quick n Easy weekend dinner bowl for you…!!!
Sometimes I feel totally lazy, just wouldn’t want to open the kitchen… and if it’s one of those days when your hubby takes you for a drive and a night out, aww that’s special!! We love going for drives without any planned destination, silently in the dark with only light music playing in the car, till hunger strikes, and then a lookout for a good restaurant, a scrumptious dinner… ohhh what a night !!!
One such night took us to a Thai restaurant; it had been a while since we tried Asian food. But I must say, it was delicious! Pad thai, Panang curry, basil fried rice – some of our favourites… and that night I decided it was time for a new post with something Asian.
Tadaaa, here you go… my bowl of rice noodles with chicken n veggies.
When preparing this recipe, make sure you do not overcook the rice noodles as it can quickly turn sticky and clumpy. I suggest you cook the noodles after the preparation of chicken and mix it immediately with the saute as the sauces keep it separate and loose.
This recipe is easy, simple and a Yummilicious dinner bowl for a good nite…
Prep time: 30 – 40 mins
Serves: 2 – 3 servings
- 7oz rice noodles (200 gm)
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- ½ cup yellow onions (sliced)
- 1 tbsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 green chilies (sliced )
- ½ cup broccoli
- ½ cup carrot(sliced lengthwise)
- 4 tbsp soya sauce
- spring onions (chopped)
- oil (as required)
- pepper (as required)
- salt (as required)
Preparation of chicken and broccoli
- Clean and slice chicken into thin strips.
- Mix chicken with salt, pepper and corn flour. Fry until golden brown. Place the chicken in paper towels to remove excess oil.
- In the same pan, saute sliced onions, green chilies, grated ginger and garlic, broccoli and carrots with a little salt and pepper. Saute until the vegetables are cooked and translucent.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and mix well with the vegetables.
- Add soya sauce, toss and saute until properly mixed and coated. If you want it to be saucier, add more soya sauce as needed.
Preparation of rice noodles
- Cook either according to package directions.
- Soak rice noodles in cold water for 10 – 15 minutes. In the meantime, bring 2 cups of water to boil. Transfer noodles to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain quickly.
Mix immediately cooked noodles with chicken and toss well. This will help to prevent noodles from sticky. Garnish with spring onions.