This is a pan-seared version of my tandoori marinade which combines the aroma of curry leaves and the spiciness of chili powder. This dish goes well as an appetizer, or even as a side dish with rice or chapati.
Prep time : 50 minutes
Serves : 4 servings
Chicken breast : 2 (cut into small cubes)
Ginger-garlic paste : 2 tbsp
Kashmiri chili powder : 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder : ½ tbsp
Pepper powder : 1 tbsp
Garam masala : 1 tbsp
Yogurt : 2 tbsp
Curry leaves : 3 sprigs
Salt : as required
Lemon juice : 1 tbsp (to drizzle)
- Clean and cut the chicken into small cubes.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing chili powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, garam masala, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves (1 sprig), salt and yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and mix well, ensure the chicken has a thick coat. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Take a non-stick pan and add ¼ cup of water, add the marinated chicken and cook in a low flame. If your chicken marinade becomes runny, you can skip adding the water.
- As the water starts drying out, toss the chicken gently and add a little oil and the curry leaves.
- Cook the chicken till it start to slightly brown on its edges. Turn of the heat and allow it to rest for a while with a closed lid.
- Drizzle lemon juice before serving.
Serve as an appetizer or as a side dish with rice or chapati.