To all my veggie friends out there, here is an easy & a quick appetizer made of just six ingredients and takes hardly 20 mins to prepare…
My version of Stuffed Mushrooms…!!
So after a peaceful spring weekend, I am back to action working on my blog. Pepper Delight is in its second month and I am super excited with the ride so far, every day starts with a bunch of new stuffs, ideas, challenges, cooking, photo sessions, and I am just enjoying every bit of it.
Coming back to today’s dish, this is a complete veggie appetizer. What I love about mushrooms is its super easy to cook and it balances well with many flavor combinations, be it a spicy masala version or in a cheesy flavor.
The thought to prepare this came up after I got a chance to try stuffed mushrooms with a cream cheese fondue in a restaurant; the dish was yummy but pretty heavy. To cut down the extra calories I have avoided any additional sauces to this recipe, and while savoring the dish you really wouldn’t ask for one.
I have used baby Bella mushrooms here, it goes well with Portobello too. Hope You Enjoy…
Prep time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2 – 3 servings
12 baby Bella mushrooms (remove stems)
½ cup Mozzarella cheese
½ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper as required
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash & clean mushrooms and pat them dry. Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Now place the remaining mushrooms cap upside down on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle salt inside each cap.
- Bake for 8 minutes initially so that the mushrooms ooze out the moisture inside.
- In the meantime prepare the stuffing by mixing well the parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs (or normal bread crumbs), mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, in a bowl.
- Take the mushroom caps out of the sheet and flip them to drain any excess water accumulated in the caps.
- Fill each cap by spooning the stuffing, and top with fresh parsley leaves.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or cook until the cheese melts and the stuffing turns golden in color.