So we were just back after a wonderful weekend celebrating our anniversary at Las Vegas, and I was still under the hang of it, slowly getting back to work with my blog. That’s when my hubby told me about the potluck party at his workplace with the theme of Super Bowl and Mardi Gras, both events which took place a few weeks back.
I was new to both and a bit confused as to cook what, that’s when the idea of trying an appetizer came to my mind. Nachos seemed to be perfect choice, and so for a change from our usual entrees or the regular guacamole combo, thought of trying something new.
Here is my loaded nachos, with shredded chicken and veggies, in barbecue sauce and lots of cheese.
An easy appetizer… cheesy, sweet, and yum !!!
Prep time : 45 minutes
Serves : 4
Boneless Chicken : 2 pound (or 2 cups shredded chicken)
Tortilla chips : 1/2 packet
Jalapenos : 1 big (sliced round)
Tomato : 1 big (finely chopped)
Onion : 1 big (finely chopped)
Mozzarella cheese : 1 ½ cup
Barbecue sauce : 1 cup
Salt : as required
Pepper : as required
Cilantro leaves : to garnish
- Clean and cook chicken in a pan with salt, pepper, and a little water. Allow it to cook slowly until the chicken becomes nice and tender. Using a fork, shred the chicken.
- Meanwhile prepare the veggies by slicing the onion, tomato, and jalapenos into fine pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add barbecue sauce to the shredded chicken and mix well. You can vary the quantity of sauce according to your preference, I used 1 cup of sauce with 2 pounds of chicken. Keep it aside.
- In an oven proof skillet, put a layer of nachos first and then top with the barbecue chicken mix, vegetables. Layer mozzarella cheese on its top. Layer a second set of nachos and repeat the chicken, veggies and cheese.
- Drizzle barbecue sauce on the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes till the cheese starts to melt.
- Allow it to cool for 2 minutes.
Serve hot with sour cream and salsa (optional).