An easy and a wonderful appetizer for your busy day, straight from the oven in 30 minutes…!!! These Buffalo Chicken Bites taste soooo good that you would crave for more.
We all love buffalo chicken and what more can you ask for if it can be homemade in a short time and taste exactly like the ones from your favourite restaurant. These chicken bites are loaded with the flavours of blue cheese, crunchy panko bread crumbs, and juicy Buffalo sauce. And the best part is that it is baked n healthy!
Appetizers are the best part of any parties, and if you want to wow your guests then this is something you need to try out.
Also for theme based, game day, Super Bowl, or for any occasions where your folks would like to grab something quickly, you can serve these chicken bites on toothpick and avoid all the messy stuff.
I’ve used Franks Red Hot Wings Sauce for this recipe which is commonly available in stores. This recipe is enough to prepare 20 chicken bites. And to complete your dish, serve with celery sticks, sliced carrots and Ranch.
Hope you like it, Enjoy…!!!
Prep time: 10 minutes; Baking time: 23 minutes
Serves: makes 20 chicken bites
- 1 lb (454 g) minced chicken
- 1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- ½ cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup Franks Red Hot Wings sauce
- Spring onions (chopped)
- 3 tbsp butter
- Oil (to grease)
- Pepper (as required)
- Salt (as required)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with foil and grease it with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl, combine minced chicken, celery, garlic, panko bread crumbs, blue cheese, spring onions, Franks red Hot Wings sauce, salt and pepper. Use your hands or a spoon to mix until well combined. Make sure not to overdo it.
- Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls with your hands and arrange them on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by mixing melted butter, Franks Red hot sauce and whisk for a minute.
- Remove the tray from the oven and pour a portion of the prepared sauce over the chicken balls. Bake again for another 3 minutes and then keep aside to cool.
Serve the chicken balls with celery & carrot sticks on the side. Garnish with crumbled blue cheese and spring onions, add extra sauce if needed. You can also serve Ranch along as a dipping sauce.